Do I need Medical Insurance?

Students from EU countries are entitled to free medical care in Italy if they have a  European Health Insurance Card which will ensure access to state provided health care. They should apply for a EHIC to the local health authority in their home country before coming to Italy.

Students from non-EU countries should enquire with the authorities in their countries to find out if they are insured during a stay abroad for study purposes;  if they are not covered,it is advisable to arrange health insurance.

If you wish to avail of a travel insurance, we recommend you follow the link to compare different Travel Insurance providers and find the option that better suits your needs.

Recent Posts